Reader Engagement Editor Corey McMaken is a Fort Wayne native and has been with The Journal Gazette since 2004. He writes about arts, entertainment, food and area history. He also works with social media, newsletters and other digital projects
email@example.com | 260-461-8475
Stories by Corey McMaken
Students at Weisser Park and Young elementary schools parade the Weisser Park grounds in their costumes on Halloween 1989. About 800...
October 21, 2021 1:00 am
- Oct. 30, 1957: Honoring inventor Philo T. Farnsworth
- Recipe Swap: Pumpkin Doughnuts just in time for fall
- Recipe Swap: Pumpkin Bread delights morning and night
- Fort Wayne Youtheatre shares hope, kindness with 'Charlotte's Web'
- Nov. 12, 1975: Construction of enlisted barracks at Old Fort
- Artists opening studios for tours in northeast Indiana
- 5 projects in Fort Wayne area launching Amplify Art crowdfunding campaigns
- Weekender Spotlight: Old Crown Brass Band cornetist Patrick Nash
- Snapshots from this week in 1949
- Ballet, Philharmonic offer free show Saturday in downtown Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne Ballet begins season with 'Diversions'
- Sept. 6, 1972: Dismantling bridge over Maumee in Fort Wayne
- Fall TV calendar: More than 120 returning favorites, reboots and new series
- Spotlight: Artist Lyndy Bazile creating a mural in downtown Fort Wayne
- All For One opens thought-provoking comedy in Fort Wayne
- March 26, 1952: Statues adorn Harlan homestead
- Coliseum, churches among new Fort Wayne sites in Be a Tourist in Your Own Hometown
- Oct. 17, 1947: Bridge falls in truck accident
- Recipe Swap: Lemon livens up potatoes
- Summer Album 2021: Readers share favorite memories
- From the pages of history
- Spotlight: Local artist John Wade III
- December 1903: John W. Terrell murder trial
- Taste of the Arts plans art trail through downtown Fort Wayne
- Local sisters compete in 'Magic Bake-Off'
- Fort Wayne Philharmonic announces season for youth programs
- Elm disease consumed decades
- Director has full-circle moment with 'Gods Favorite'
- Spotlight: Dan Dickerson, The Harp Condition
- Fort Wayne Artists Guild highlights plein air work with activities, exhibits
- April 24, 1951: Streetcars rust in junkyard
- Emotions put into dance for "Collective Expressions"
- Classic ballets among company's fall plans
- July 14, 1984: Canoe wedding on the St. Marys
- Philharmonic announces sensory show, family concerts and chamber series
- Chaos, fans enjoyed by opener of series
- Dragon boats return to Promenade Park
- July 16, 1947: Flash flooding in city
- Recipe Swap: Muffins to grab for breakfast – or dessert
- Covington Art Fair returns after year off
- Dec. 4, 1950: Clogged intake slows water in city