Many restaurant chains and franchises are showing their appreciation for veterans and military personnel today for Veterans Day.
Here is a look at some of those offers:
• Logan's Roadhouse is inviting all active duty and retired U.S. military personnel to enjoy a free meal from the American Roadhouse menu between 3 and 6 p.m. today. This offer is valid at participating locations.
• At Applebee's, veterans and active duty military receive a free meal from a special menu today. Offer is for dine-in only.
• Bagger Dave's is offering active, non-active, reservists and retired personnel a free Great American Cheeseburger and fries today. Offer is for dine-in only.
• At Cracker Barrel, veterans can receive a complimentary slice of Double Chocolate Fudge Coca-Cola Cake when dining at any location today.
• Today, Dunkin' Donuts will give veterans and active duty military members a free doughnut. Offer is available in-store at participating locations.
• Participating Huddle House locations are giving active military members and veterans a free MVP Breakfast Platter today.
• Veterans and active duty military get a free sandwich today at Mission BBQ.
• Outback Steakhouse is giving veterans and active duty service members a free Bloomin' Onion and Coca-Cola product today. The offer is available for dine-in and carryout; carryout orders must be placed over the phone.
Bagel shop opens
A new bagel shop opens today in The Summit, 1025 W. Rudisill Blvd.
Davey's Delicious Bagels offers curbside pickup, catering and delivery from its location on the former Taylor University campus.
The menu features steamed bagels, from GK Baked Goods. There are breakfast sandwiches, like the El Guapo – sausage, turkey bacon, eggs, sauteed onions, American cheese and sriracha. Lunch options include the Turkey-Roni, which features an everything bagel with chive and onion cream cheese, turkey, pepperoni and avocado.
Davey's also has lox bagels, sweet options, soups, salads and chips.
Bagel fans might also spot Davey's at farmer markets and pop-up events in the near future, says Davey AB Heritier.
The operator is originally from Columbia City and recently came to Fort Wayne to open the deli.
Online ordering is available at DaveysDeliciousBagels.com. Go to Door N of The Summit for pickup.
Hours will be 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday.
New soul food spot
Also new to the Fort Wayne food scene is Nona's Soul Food.
The restaurant, 3103 Oxford St., serves soul food favorites such as catfish, chicken wings, macaroni and cheese and sweet potatoes. The restaurant also offers peach cobbler, spaghetti and tenderloin sandwiches.
There are dine-in and carryout options available.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 1 to 7 p.m. Sunday. For information, call 745-8313.
• Chance Bar, 4301 Fairfield Ave., is now offering a four-course prix fixe menu on Tuesdays. The new option is for two people and costs $45. The restaurant is open 5 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, 5 to 10 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
• Kanela, 618 S. Harrison St., will have a grand opening ceremony and ribbon-cutting at 10:30 a.m. Monday.
The Dish features restaurant news and food events and appears Wednesdays. Fax news items to 461-8893, email email@example.com or call 461-8304 at least two weeks before event or desired publication.