During 15 seasons of “Supernatural,” the Winchester brothers have faced off against any number of monsters, demons, angels, gods (lowercase), God (uppercase) and – from time to time – each other.
The series, led by actors Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki, ends tonight after 15 seasons of plaid shirts, cheap motels, classic rock and rides down back roads in a black 1967 Impala. For fans of the show, here are some trivia questions about the road so far.
1. The Impala first belonged to the Winchesters' father. What is Dean's nickname for the car?
2. “Supernatural” premiered Sept. 13, 2005, on The WB, which later became The CW. Before that, Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki both appeared as series regulars in other WB shows. Padalecki played a love interest to one of the titular “Gilmore Girls.” Which of these series did Ackles appear in?
A. “7th Heaven”
D. “One Tree Hill”
3. Hoping to live a normal life, Sam left the “family business” and went to college. When Dean comes to get him in the series premiere, Sam is set for a grad school interview for a career in what field?
4. The Winchesters have made several stops in Indiana (or what passes for Indiana on a show filmed in Vancouver). What creature of lore did they fight in Fort Wayne?
B. The Beast of Busco
C. Hook Man
D. Bloody Mary
5. In the show's lore, an angel can take over the body of a willing human from a specific bloodline to appear on Earth. Castiel, played by Misha Collins, has been a part of the series since Season 4. What is his vessel's name?
A. Chuck Shurley
B. Jimmy Novak
C. Kevin Tran
D. Charlie Bradbury
6. Sam and Dean are themselves vessels for which archangels?
A. Michael and Raphael
B. Gabriel and Lucifer
C. Raphael and Gabriel
D. Lucifer and Michael
7. Before projects such as “Grey's Anatomy” and “The Walking Dead,” Jeffrey Dean Morgan appeared on “Supernatural” in a recurring role as the Winchesters' what?
A. Fairy godfather
8. After tonight's finale, the series will have aired how many episodes?
9. The guys' surrogate father, Bobby Singer, operated what type of business in addition to hunting monsters?
B. Tori Spelling fan club
D. Gun range
10. Over 15 seasons, many familiar faces have passed through “Supernatural” as guest stars including horror favorites Linda Blair, Dee Wallace and Robert Englund. Which of these guest stars played a demon possessing the real-life celebrity?
A. Leslie Odom Jr.
B. Paris Hilton
C. Barry Bostwick
D. Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi
Answers: 1, C; 2, B; 3, A; 4, D; 5, B; 6, D; 7, C; 8, C; 9, A; 10, D