Saturday, October 05, 2019 1:00 am
• Grace Episcopal Church, 10010 Aurora Place, will have a blessing of the animals at 3 p.m. Sunday. In addition, the church will be accepting donations for H.O.P.E. for Animals.
• Garrett High School students will have a Fellowship of Christian Athletes' Fields of Faith event at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Paul Bateman gym. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. and the event includes students sharing their testimonies, prayer, worship, food trucks and door prizes.
• New Haven United Methodist Church, 630 E. Lincoln Highway, New Haven, will have a rummage sale from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday with a pre-sale fee of $2, followed by regular sale hours of noon to 6 p.m. and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday with a $2 bag sale from 3 to 6 p.m.
• The Fort Wayne/Allen County Church Women United will have its Interfaith Luncheon at noon Monday at Ceruti's, 6601 Innovation Blvd. The theme is “Unite to Serve” and the speaker will be Leanell Parker of Greater Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church in Elkhart. Cost is $15 and reservations can be made by calling 637-1842.
• Faith United Methodist Church, 207 E. Dewald St., will host “Creation Care Imperatives” conference sponsored by the Creation Care Alliance of the Indiana Conference from 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 19. Speaker will be Tim Van Meter, associate professor in the Alford Chair of Christian Education and Youth Ministry Coordinator of Ecological Initiatives at Methodist Theological School in Ohio. Cost is $5. Registration is due Oct. 15 and can be made at https://inumc.swoogo.com/cci1019.
Guidelight is a listing of special religious events. Send information to Guidelight, The Journal Gazette, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802, or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks before desired publication.