Friday, November 08, 2019 4:29 pm
Verbatim: Leaf collection moves north
The Journal Gazette
The city of Fort Wayne issued this news release today:
Fort Wayne, Ind. -- Leaf crews will not work on Veterans Day but will start leaf collection in northern city neighborhoods beginning Tuesday, November 12, 2019. A few crews will still be wrapping up southern neighborhoods where leaf fall was heavy last week. Residents should check the leaf website at http://www.cityoffortwayne.org/leaves for specific information about which neighborhoods are scheduled for Tuesday. Additionally, residents can call the leaf pick-up hotline, 427-2302, to get daily updates.
- Rake leaves to the park strip by 7 a.m. on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
- Don’t put leaves in your trash or recycling cart.
- Don’t burn leaves. It’s a violation of City Code and can result in a fine.
- Don’t place leaves in the street.
- Don’t place leaves in the ditch.
- Don’t place leaves in plastic bags.
- Don’t place leaves in or over storm drains.
- For safety, and to assist motorists, parents should remind children to not play in leaf piles near the street.
Schedule a Pick-up with Biodegradable Bags
Residents with bagged leaves can call 311 to schedule a pick-up. The biodegradable bags should be placed at the curb for pick-up within two business days of the call to 311. This option gives residents the flexibility of having leaves collected at their convenience. Bagged leaf collection will run through the end of 2019, weather permitting.