CAMPBELLSVILLE, Ky. – A charity stunt that has grown into a social media phenomenon went terribly wrong for four Kentucky firefighters when a fire truck’s ladder got too close to a power line after they dumped water on college students who were taking part in an “ice bucket challenge.” Campbellsville Police Chief Tim Hazlette said the power line was never touched
Today 1:54 pm - U.S.
Calling it a miraculous day, an American doctor infected with Ebola left his isolation unit and warmly hugged his doctors and nurses Thursday, showing the world that he poses no public health threat one month after getting sick with the virus.
Today - U.S.
A Roman Catholic diocese in Ohio is discouraging its 113 schools from participating in the ice bucket challenge to benefit the ALS Association, saying the group’s funding of embryonic stem-cell research is in direct conflict with Catholic teaching. Jim Rigg, superintendent of Catholic schools for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, told the schools in a letter this week to immediately cease
Today - U.S.
- Bergdahl exchange broke law, GAO says
The Pentagon broke the law when it swapped Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, a prisoner in Afghanistan for five years, for five Taliban leaders, congressional investigators said Thursday.Today - U.S.
- Ferguson fallout: A call for police 'body cams'
What if Michael Brown’s last moments had been recorded?Today 5:45 am - Science & Tech
- New go-to career for New England's young: Farming
Farming is hip in New England. Across the region, young people are choosing crops over cubicles, new farms are popping up and the local food movement is spreading.Today 5:18 am - U.S.
- Foley’s death isn’t changing views in CongressThursday - U.S.
- As US airstrikes in Iraq grow, details stay thinThursday - U.S.
- Feds order reinstatement of nuclear whistleblower Thursday - U.S.
- California drought stings bees, honey suppliesThursday - U.S.
- CHP says officer may face serious beating chargesThursday - U.S.
- Hearing set in Amish girls’ kidnapping in NYThursday - U.S.
- Bodies of 3 climbers retrieved from Mount RainierThursday - U.S.
- Slain American journalist remembered as drivenThursday - U.S.
- Cleanup follows heavy storms in Phoenix areaThursday - U.S.
- Judge: Justice Dept must provide list of documentsThursday - U.S.
- Casino workers turn to prayer to save their jobsThursday - U.S.
- California Wildfire destroys 8 homes, 10 buildingsThursday - U.S.
- Holder arrives in Ferguson, draws on own experiencesThursday - U.S.
- Farmer’s Almanac sees a brutal winterThursday - U.S.