Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is stepping down under pressure from President Barack Obama's Cabinet, senior administration officials said Monday, following a tenure in which he has struggled to break through the White House's insular foreign policy team.
Today 9:54 am - U.S.
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today: 1.
Today 7:50 am - Worth a click
Elements are falling into place for an agreement to allow talks on Iran's nuclear program to continue another seven months, a well-placed Western diplomat sais Monday.
Today 9:23 am - World
- NATO says 2 service members killed in Afghanistan
KABUL, Afghanistan – NATO says that two of its service members have been killed in an attack in eastern Afghanistan.Today 6:42 am - World
- Uncertainty fuels speculation on Ferguson decision
FERGUSON, Mo. – The final weekend before the Thanksgiving holiday passed without a grand jury decision on whether to indict a Ferguson police officer, fueling new speculation about the timing as protesters demand justice for Michael Brown.Today 6:41 am - U.S.
- Islamic State recruiting kids to fight
Teenagers carrying weapons stand at checkpoints and busy intersections in Iraq’s second-largest city, Mosul. Patched onto the left arms of their black uniforms are the logos of the Islamic Police.Today - World
- Buffalo bracing for floodingToday - News
- GOP hopefuls avoid specifics in response to ObamaToday 4:21 am - US-World politics
- US judge to sentence reputed drug-lord lieutenantToday - U.S.
- WEATHER JOURNALToday - Weather
- LotteriesToday - News
- Mom charged with trying to kill baby left in drainToday 5:55 am - World
- Fear for Afghan women's rights as troops withdrawToday 6:02 am - World
- Philippine court convicts 9 Chinese of poachingToday - World
- Tense Ferguson awaiting wordSunday - U.S.
- Fort Wayne sets daily rainfall recordSunday - Weather
- Cleanup on, flood threat looms after huge NY snowSunday - U.S.
- Today in HistorySunday - News
- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry dies at 78Sunday - U.S.
- New Jersey looks at 'yes means yes' college policySunday - U.S.
- Obama's immigrant orders omit muchSunday - US-World politics