PRINCETON, Ind. – Toyota said it plans to add 180 full-time production jobs to its southwest Indiana factory during the next five months.
Today 12:49 pm - Indiana
DETROIT – The death toll tied to faulty ignition switches in General Motors small cars has risen to 19, according to a compensation expert hired by the company. The number is likely to go higher.
Today - Business
WASHINGTON – U.S. manufacturing output declined in August for the first time in seven months, reflecting a sharp fall in production at auto plants that was due mainly to seasonal adjustment problems.
Today - Business
- Microsoft gets 'Minecraft,' not its founders
NEW YORK – Microsoft's decision to spend $2.5 billion for the creator of the hit game “Minecraft” could help the Xbox maker grab attention on mobile phones, a new priority for the company.Today - Business
- Breadstick policy seen as generous
Olive Garden is defending its practice of giving customers as many breadsticks as they want, saying the policy conveys “Italian generosity.” The remark is part of a response by the chain's parent company, Darden Restaurants Inc., to a nearly 300-page criticism released by hedge fund Starboard Value last week.Today - Business
- 19 deaths eligible for payments, GM expert says
DETROIT – The death toll tied to faulty ignition switches in General Motors small cars has risen to 19, according to a compensation expert hired by the company. The number is likely to go higher.Monday - Business
- Hiring in state rises with national trendMonday - Business
- Insurance firms seen as savior of pensionsMonday - Business
- Ferrari to increase outputMonday - Business
- Lululemon sales laggingMonday - Business
- August sees rise in CEO departuresMonday - Business
- 90-year-old publisher sounds off on Buffett, Burger KingMonday - Business