Skip to main content

The Journal Gazette

Monday, May 15, 2017 11:30 am

Man thanks iPhone's Siri for saving his life in explosion

Associated Press

WILMOT, N.H. -- A New Hampshire man who was injured in a house explosion is thanking Siri for saving his life.

Christopher Beaucher said he was checking on his mother's vacant cottage in Wilmot on May 1 when he saw something suspicious and went inside.

He told WMUR-TV (http://bit.ly/2pNoixW ) that when he switched on a light, the house exploded into flames.

Beaucher's face and hands were badly burned. He grabbed his cellphone but was unable to dial because of his injuries. He said he somehow asked his iPhone's voice-controlled virtual assistant Siri to call 911, believing he was going into shock.

Beaucher is still undergoing treatment for his injuries, but said he hopes to return to his job as a cook and tend to his farm.

Authorities are still investigating the explosion.