Skip to main content

The Journal Gazette

  • Henderson

  • Milton

  • Buchanan

  • Bryant

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 1:00 am

ATF raids lead to drug, gun charges

4 arrested as fentanyl, crack found

MATTHEW LEBLANC | The Journal Gazette

A woman and three men face federal drug and gun charges after U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents raided their homes last week.

Court documents filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Fort Wayne do not provide addresses, but an ATF official said the homes were on the city's southeast side.

Agents served warrants at three homes about 4:30 a.m. Thursday. At each location, investigators found guns, cash, paraphernalia and drugs including fentanyl, a powerful synthetic opioid that has been blamed in thousands of overdose deaths around the country. Methamphetamine, crack cocaine and marijuana were also found, court documents said.

Bronte Milton, 26, Anthony Henderson Jr., 24, Curtis Bryant II, 27, and Brandon Buchanan, 28, are charged with possession with intent to distribute drugs and possessing a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime.

Milton, Bryant and Buchanan were arrested when warrants were served. Henderson was later found hiding upstairs in an apartment at “another address in Fort Wayne.”

Henderson sold an informant fentanyl at least twice beginning in September, court documents allege. Agents found Milton, at least two loaded guns, a digital scale and large amounts of fentanyl, pills, methamphetamine and crack cocaine when they arrived at the home.

Fentanyl also was found at three other locations raided.

Bryant allegedly had nearly 230 grams of the drug in his home, where guns and a 3-year-old child were also found.

As little as 2 milligrams of fentanyl can be deadly, according to the federal Drug Enforcement Agency.

Buchanan of the 3400 block of South Anthony Boulevard was home with two women when agents arrived. They allegedly found cash, guns, fentanyl, crack cocaine, ammunition and safes containing high-capacity magazines.

Each appeared in court for the first time on the charges Monday.