Saturday, August 26, 2017 1:00 am
• The River Church, 1515 Magnavox Way, will dismiss its regular Sunday service to take part in 14 projects in the community from 10:30 a.m. to noon. The church is conducting the projects as a way to serve the community.
• Powers Church, nine miles east of Angola on Old Road 1, will have a service at 7 p.m. Sunday. Mike Hesterman, pastor of Metz Christian Church, will give the devotional talk and The Little River Chapter of the Sweet Adelines will provide music.
• New Haven United Methodist Church, 630 Lincoln Highway East, New Haven, will host GriefShare, a 13-week series for people who are grieving, beginning Tuesday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. For more information, call 749-9565.
• Victory Noll Center, 1900 W. Park Drive, Huntington, will have “Bridges to Contemplative Living with Thomas Merton,” a study of prayer and dialogue. Book 1 study will take place eight Friday mornings between September and December from 9 to 11 a.m. Book 5 study will be offered from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday afternoons. For more information, call 260-200-1740, email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.victorynollcenter.org.
• First Christian Church, 4800 S. Calhoun St., will have a rummage sale from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sept. 2. A $5 bag sale begins at 1 p.m.
Guidelight is a listing of special religious events. Send information to Guidelight, The Journal Gazette, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802, or email email@example.com at least two weeks before desired publication.