Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:00 am
• Calvary United Methodist Church, 801 S. Huntington St., Syracuse, is asking churchgoers to wear their favorite hat during its worship services at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. Sunday and participants will share their stories and history of their hat during a fellowship time from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
• Youth for Christ will have its annual City Life Luncheon on Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the City Life Center, 3701 S. Calhoun St. Cost is $75 or $600 for a table of eight. To reserve a spot, go to www.yfcnin.org/events, call 484-4551, ext. 211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Forest Park United Methodist Church Women will have a rummage and bake sale from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday and 9 a.m. to noon Friday, with a $2 bag sale from 1 to 3 p.m., at 2100 Kentucky Ave.
• Bethel United Methodist Church, 8405 Lima Road, will have a fish fry by Dan's Fish & Chicken from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Friday. Cost is $10 adults, $5 for children ages 6 to 12 and free for children ages 5 and younger.
• St. John Lutheran Church, 12912 Franke Road, Flatrock, will have a rummage sale from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to noon April 29.
• First Christian Church, 4800 S. Calhoun St., will have a rummage sale from 1 to 7 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 29.
• Waynedale United Methodist Church, 2501 Church St., will host the Festival Choir, sponsored by Associated Churches, at 4 p.m. Sunday. The event is free.
• Concordia Theological Seminary, 6600 N. Clinton St., will have its “Easter Choral Vespers” with the Seminary Schola Cantorum at 4 p.m. Sunday in Kramer Chapel.
• The Bibilical Alliance for Truth will host Gina Krause, former missionary to Africa, who will talk about the disappearance and capture of her husband, Jerry Krause, by militants, at 7 p.m. Monday at Christ the King Church, 1224 N. Jefferson St., Huntington.
• The Notre Dame Club of Fort Wayne and the St. Thomas More Society of Fort Wayne, in conjunction with the Alumni Association of the University of Notre Dame, will have a lecture, followed by a panel discussion, about Pope Francis' Vision for the Church. The lecture will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Allen County Public Library, 900 Library Plaza, meeting Room A. The event is free.
Guidelight is a listing of special religious events. Send information to Guidelight, The Journal Gazette, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802, or email email@example.com at least two weeks before desired publication.