Saturday, June 01, 2019 1:00 am
PEOPLE AND PLACES
• Brightpoint was awarded at $4,500 grant for its Healing Kitchen classes.
• Pamela Walton of Poneto has been accepted into the Peace Corps and will travel to Malawi to train as an environment and food security educator volunteer.
• Delta Dental Foundation has awarded 21 Indiana schools, including Adams Elementary School and Attica Consolidated School Corp., $100,000 to install new water fountain/bottle filling stations. The stations will be installed for the next school year.
• Alex Overhiser, who is a native of Decatur, and his wife, Sonja Overhiser, were awarded “Best Individual Blog” by the International Association of Culinary Professionals for their food blog, “A Couple Cooks.”
• Highland Masonic Lodge 762 at 216 E. Washington Blvd. was named the No. 3 lodge in Indiana by the Grand Lodge of Indiana.
• The Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne named the following officers and board members: Shannon Hardiek, chairman; Mike Cahill, vice chairman; Bob Francis, secretary; Rob Patrick, treasurer; and Damian Gosheff, Ron Menze and Edmond O'Neal.
• The Downtown Optimist Club/Fort Wayne named the following officers and trustees: Bennie Lewis, president; Dan Kohnen, treasurer; Dixie Bradley, secretary; and Craig Colvin and Judi Loomis.