Friday, March 15, 2019 1:00 am
WORKSHOP MAKERS: Family themed games, such as medieval swordplay, making wood, clay and tool crafts, during the TekVenture's “St. Patrick's Day Tomfoolery” from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday at 1550 Griffin St. Free, except for food and craft materials.
• Fort Wayne Arts Festival at Jefferson Pointe is accepting entries for its upcoming event on Sept. 7 and 8. Deadline to apply is May 22. For more information or an application, go to www.jeffersonshopping.com.
• Art This Way is accepting entries for its Calhoun Street Mural Project. The selected mural design will be installed on the west and north wall of 840 S. Calhoun St. Deadline to apply is May 1. For more information, go to artthiswayfw.com.
• Art at the Riverside is accepting applications for its show on Sept. 28 at the Riverside Gardens in Leo-Cedarville. For more information, go to www.artattheriverside.com.
• The Downtown Improvement District is accepting applications for its Winter-Spring events contest for ideas on events to be held in February, March or April for a chance to receive production support. Deadline to receive submissions is May 1. For more information, go to www.downtownfortwayne.com/new-events.
• ARCH will have its lecture featuring Miriam Morgan, who will talk about the Arts United Center and plans to update and restore the building, at 11 a.m. March 23 at the Allen County Public Library, Meeting Room A, 900 Library Plaza. The lecture is free.
• The Fort Wayne City Community Development Division will host, along with Arts United, a PechaKucha event designed to explore various forms of public art. The event will be 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. March 26 at the Arts United Center, 303 E. Main St. The meeting will feature speakers who will show images and then speak about them.
BOOK PUBLISHED: Huntington native Bethany Cook has published the book, “For What It's Worth – A Perspective on How to Thrive and Survive Parenting. Ages 0-2,” by Mirador Publishers.
Arts Update lists arts-related news. Send items at least two weeks before desired publication to Arts Update, The Journal Gazette, 600 W. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802; fax, 461-8648; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.