Saturday, June 30, 2018 1:00 am
PEOPLE AND PLACES
• Black Pine Animal Sancturary in Albion received $5,729 from Dow Corning in Kendallville to help purchase a wood chipper.
• The Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership has received a $35,000 grant from the National College Access Network for a program that will help Fort Wayne Community Schools seniors complete their FAFSA for student aid. The program will begin in September.
• McMillen Health received $15,000 from the St. Joseph Community Health Foundation to develop maternal education for mothers with opioid abuse disorder who give birth in Allen County.
• MaidPro in Fort Wayne is working with the international nonprofit, Cleaning for a Reason, to help women battling cancer by offering to clean two homes per month for two months. To apply for free house cleaning, go to www.cleaningforareason.org.
• American LandMaster in Columbia City has donated a LS450 Utility Vehicle to the Whitley County 4-H Fairgrounds to help in maintenance and landscaping at the fairgrounds.
• Anthony Wayne Rotary of Fort Wayne announced a Rotary District Grant for the University of Saint Francis students to purchase goats and fencing for Our Lady of Perpetual Help Orphanage in Haiti.
• Brightpoint was awarded a grant to conduct its Our Healing Kitchen classes. There will be classes at seven locations in Fort Wayne beginning the week of July 9. To sign up or for more information, go to www.mybrightpoint.org, call 423-3546, ext 269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fire Police City County Federal Credit Union received a $250 award to the recipient of the “Linda and Jerry Vandeveer” Impact Award. Nominations for the award will be accepted through today at www.allencounty.us.