Saturday, June 09, 2018 1:00 am
PEOPLE AND PLACES
• The 3 Rivers Federal Credit Union Foundation gave $3,000 to the Allen County Read Education Partnership for its Project Reads.
• United Way of Huntington County board of directors gave $10,000 in Community Impact funding to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana for its youth mentoring programs, site-based School Buddies and Community-Based for Huntington County.
• Brightpoint received a $35,000 grant from the Lincoln Financial Foundation for its Family Support and Family Development programs.
• The Community Foundation of Whitley County awarded grants to the following organizations: Center for Whitley County Youth, $17,000; Whitley County YMCA, $15,000; Mission 25, $15,000; Troy School, $12,000; Whitley County 4-H, $10,000; Whitley County Corrections, $10,000; Camp STEAM Ahead, $7,500; Community Harvest Food Bank, $5,000; South Whitley Youth League, $5,000; Giving Gardens of Indiana, $3,000; Fort Wayne Philharmonic, $2,000; Lutheran Outdoor Ministries Summer Reading Camp, $2,250; Royal Family Kids Camp, $2,000; Camp Whitley, $1,000; Churubusco Public Library, $1,000; Columbia City Main Street, $1,000; and Whitko High School Band, $1,000.
• Easterseals Arc of Northeast Indiana received $32,000 from the Lincoln Financial Foundation.
• First Church of Christ, Scientist, Fort Wayne, will host a free talk and discussion, “Is It Possible to be Free from Limitations of Time?” at 2 p.m. today at the Allen County Public Library main branch, 900 Library Plaza.
• The annual HepFest Festival and Blessing of the Bikes will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 16 at Rieke Park, 1850 North Indiana Ave., Auburn. The free event will provide information about Hepatitis C, as well as live music and speakers.
Byron Health Center volunteer John Eakin was named the LeadingAge Indiana Community Volunteer of the Year for 2018.