The following was released on Thursday, Dec. 6, 2017 by the City of Fort Wayne:
Fort Wayne, Ind. – Street Department crews will continue leaf collection in central neighborhoods through next Monday afternoon. Workers were out last Saturday wrapping up northern neighborhoods and will work overtime again this weekend to pick-up the heavy amount of leaves in central neighborhoods.
23,000 residents have been keeping up with the collection process by visiting the website cityoffortwayne.org/leaves<https://www.cityoffortwayne.org/publicworks/street-department/leaf-collection.html>. The easy to use site has weekday updates each afternoon showing the neighborhoods where crews will be working the following day. The site along, with a leaf phone line at 427- 2603, are updated by 3:00 p.m. the day before the collection.
Residents who have biodegradable paper leaf bags to be collected should call 311 to schedule a pick-up. Leaf bags will not be collected with garbage.
· Rake leaves to the park strip by 7 a.m. on the first day of the week when crews will be in your area.
· Don't put leaves in your trash or recycling cart. It is against State of Indiana law.
· Don't burn leaves. It's a violation of City Code and can result in a fine.
· Don't place leaves in the street.
· Don't mix other yard waste with leaves.
· Don't put leaves in or over storm drains.
· For safety, and to assist motorists, parents should remind children to not play in leaf piles near the street.