Next month's National Soccer Festival will be the final one, event organizers announced today.
The 20th event on Aug. 17 and 18 will be held at the University of Saint Francis and at Indiana Tech, and will include Michigan State and Indiana, schools that have appeared at each festival since it began in 1999, the festival said in a statement.
Tickets are available in advance at Fort Wayne-area Connolly's Do It Best Hardware stores and at Soccer Plus, and can be purchased at the gate on the days of the event.
On Friday, Aug. 17, at Bishop D'Arcy Stadium at Saint Francis, Michigan State will play Xavier at 6 p.m., followed by Indiana vs. Akron at 8 p.m. and Saint Francis vs. Huntington at 10 p.m.
On Saturday, Aug. 18, at Warrior Field at Indiana Tech, these games are scheduled:
- 8 a.m. Carroll-Cathedral boys;
- 11 a.m. Indiana Tech-Bethel women;
- Afternoon Homestead-Zionsville boys;
- Afternoon Canterbury-Bishop Luers boys;
- 5 p.m. Canterbury-Bishop Luers girls;
- 7 p.m. Indiana Tech-Marian men;
- 9 p.m. Trine-Huntington women