CINCINNATI -- It's sort of an odd situation we have in the Eastern Conference semifinals; both teams are confident about their chances of success in the next three games -- all at Memorial Coliseum.
By the way, we have an interesting situation potentially brewing. Goaltender Andrey Makarov's season in the American Hockey League is over, but he's on the Komets playoff roster. So if they can work it out with the Buffalo Sabres, and Makarov himself, he could return.
The question is this: With as well as Ben Meisner has played, do you want to enter that into the dynamic? I don't think it could hurt to have another good goalie around, if the Komets can make it happen.
Right now, the backup to Meisner is rookie Steven Summerhays. He's serviceable, but Makarov was in the NHL as a backup just weeks ago.
A few things to remember:
- All the Komets videos from the past few seasons I've done can be viewed here -- bookmark me -- and I do appreciate those who take the time to view them. A lot of work go into them, win or lose.
- Remember, I'm on twitter: @sportsicohn.
- Our columnist, Ben Smith, has been covering the Komets a lot, too, and he's @jgbensmith.
- Are you a Vine user? I do a lot of sports stuff on there you will get a kick out of. So follow me there -- Justin Cohn -- and if you're not on Vine, it's a fun app for your smartphone.
- Tickets for Game 5, which will be Sunday, go on sale today at noon.