Got a little time on Sunday to read a story that will touch your heart? How about a video that will make you smile? I spend a couple of hours on Saturdays looking for stories and items worth sharing.
Birds on the Wires
- One morning while reading a newspaper, Jarbas Agnelli saw a photograph of birds on an electric wire. He cut out the photo and was inspired to make a song using the exact location of the birds as musical notes. The video ended up a winner of the YouTube Play Guggenheim Biennial Festival. Yes, we've all seen the commercial. This is better, and real. Shared by Bonnie Blackburn.
- This YouTube video by How To Drink Properly tells you how to imbibe without making a complete and utter fool of yourself. Suggested by Tom Bennett.
- Here are the week's Top 10 photos from the AP.
- Here are The Journal Gazette's photos of the week.
- Featured gallery: Canterbury vs. Heritage Christian
- The Case of the Accidental Superstar by Sarah Lyall, men's fashion writer for "T," the New York Times Magazine style magazine, focuses on Benedict Cumberbatch, who has progressed from being everyone's secret crush to one of the most talked-about actors in Hollywood. He photobombed U2, is Sherlock Holmes in the BBC series, was Khan in "Star Trek Into Darkness" and WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, in "The Fifth Estate."
Safe haven on wheels
- A cold snap was killing people and there weren't enough shelters. The community decided to stop making it illegal to sleep in your car and then set up the county fairgrounds for the homeless to stay safety, with toilets and hot showers at the ready. What an elegant solution for a bad situation. Story by Lee Romney in The Los Angeles Times.
- If you missed it, check out this story by Rosa Salter Rodriguez about a Fort Wayne 13-year-old who was laid to rest on Saturday. "In his right hand, he held a bright orange cross, clutched near his cheek. Next to his left hand was a stuffed red cardinal – a recent gift. The mascot of the Metro Youth Sports football team on which Jaiden once played was a cardinal."
Duh tip of the day
See a story that begs to be shared? Send an email with the link to email@example.com. Here's to excellence!