Last year, when I first got my hands on the ladybug, I spun a bunch of red merino in different weights.
I never found anything to knit with these random, small batches of yarn. So, I warped up the loom!
I used thicker yarns one at a time for the warp, and doubled up thinner yarns. To round it out, I also used small amounts of white yarn leftover from other projects and some of the red yarn, plied with a variegated merino (that's the dark yarn you see in the scarf).
For the weft, I started with 12 picks of a rather skinny yarn, then alternated two picks of that yarn with two picks of thicker yarn until I was almost out of warp, then added 12 more picks of the skinny yarn.
This was all on a 7.5-dent reed. I had to let the picks fall in how they wanted - the fat yarn made getting even close to 7.5 picks-per-inch impossible. It was more like 6 ppi.
I like it very much. The result has a nice hand and I enjoy the vertical striping.
One of my favorite things about weaving these small scarves is it allows me to use up odds and ends to make something useful.