Thursday, July 18, 2013 2:12 pm
Stars react to nominations for 65th Emmy Awards
By The Associated Press
- "It just goes to show you - good things happen to bad people." - Jimmy Kimmel, on the four nominations for "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
- "I think it's a musical number. I can just see those dancing demons." - Emmy telecast producer Ken Ehrlich on how to incorporate lead nominee "American Horror Story: Asylum" into the ceremony.
- "What's so great about this thing is it's going to bring us all back together. A little family reunion. So we get to come back together and celebrate the time we had together and the work that we did. It's very exciting." - Aaron Paul, who helped announce the nominees and discovered he was among them with another supporting-actor nod for "Breaking Bad," which wrapped its final season.
- "To be watching an effective politician, although diabolical, he does get (things) done, so obviously it has to be a fiction." - Kevin Spacey, nominated for his leading role as a congressional leader in "House of Cards."
- "I loved playing Lana Winters more than I've loved playing any character I've ever played on television, and it feels like she got nominated and not me in a way. I know that sounds really hokey, but I feel really proud for her." - Sarah Paulson, nominated for her work on "American Horror Story: Asylum."
- "I had a nice luxurious sleep-in and woke up to all these wonderful messages." - Christina Hendricks, who learned a little later than most people that she'd been nominated for best supporting drama actress nominee.
- "I want that hole in one. I want that." - Don Cheadle, who reacted to his nomination for best actor in a comedy series from the golf course and said he still wanted one of golf's rarest feats.
- "It's Mandela Day AND my colleagues recognized Steel Magnolias? It's a Great Day!" - Alfre Woodard in a statement about her nomination for outstanding supporting actress in a miniseries or movie after her role on "Steel Magnolias."
- "I will definitely walk through the day with a little extra smile inside." - Zachary Quinto, who was nominated for his role on "American Horror Story: Asylum."