Statement as issued by the Fort Wayne’s Farmers Market:
Fort Wayne, Ind. – Indiana State Representative Phil GiaQuinta (80th District) and Ft. Wayne’s Farmers Market (FWFM) have partnered to help build Fort Wayne’s tree canopy. Rep. GiaQuinta has donated 100 red oak saplings that will be given away at FWFM’s Downtown Wednesday market at One Summit Square on Wednesday July 10, 2013 starting at 10 AM.
“I encourage everyone to stop by this Wednesday and pick up a free seedling for their home,” said Rep. GiaQuinta. “Trees are a great asset for our community, and they make our neighborhoods more vibrant places to live.”
The first 100 people to check in at the FWFM tent on July 10th will be given a free red oak sapling to plant on their property. The give-away will start at 10 AM and will last until the end of the market or until all of the trees have been distributed.
FWFM is proud to offer fresh produce and foods with selections for those with special dietary needs or restrictions including vegetarian, vegan, paleo, sugar-free and gluten-free options. FWFM has several satellite markets throughout the summer season:
• Parkview Regional Medical Center Campus (PRMC) - Tuesdays, May 28th to August 27th, 2 to 6 PM
• FWFM Downtown (One Summit Square) – Wednesdays, May 29th to September 25th, 10 AM to 2 PM
• New Haven (Schnelker Park) – Wednesdays, June 19th to October 16th, 4 to 7 PM
• Georgetown Square - Thursdays, June 13th to Sept. 12th, 4 to 7 PM
• Jefferson Pointe (near Carmike Theatre) - Fridays, June 7th to September 6th, 4 to7 PM
• FWFM Downtown (Barr Street parking lot between Wayne and Washington) – Saturdays, June 1st to September 14th - 9 AM to 1 PM
FWFM encourages the community to “Buy Local, Buy Fresh” at every opportunity, including supporting other farmers markets. For further information, please visit the Ft. Wayne’s Farmers Market Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Ft-Waynes-Farmers-Market/260158917420745 or their website at http://www.ftwaynesfarmersmarket.com/.