Libertarian Party of Indiana Chairman Dan Drexler issued the following statement Wednesday:
“Today’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court is clearly an historic move toward marriage equality consistent with the long-held libertarian belief that government does not have the authority to define, license or restrict personal relationships. Consenting adults should be free to choose their own sexual practices and personal relationships.”
“We encourage Republican leaders in the Indiana Statehouse to heed this ruling and abandon their ongoing efforts to build discrimination into Indiana’s own state constitution in this year’s legislative session.”
- Hundreds gather for dueling marriage rallies
- Concordia seminary response says DOMA decision shows moral blindness
- Rhoades: Indiana must uphold unique meaning of marriage
- Gay marriage fight is on the horizon for Indiana
- 'It isn't just about a license'
- 'The question is about marriage'
- Verbatim: Rulings will have little effect in Indiana
- Verbatim: God instituted marriage