You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

Advertisement

Unattended food cited in home fire

A home in a southeast Fort Wayne neighborhood was badly damaged during a lunchtime fire Monday.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department said food left unattended on the stove started the blaze at 1213 E. Pettit Ave. shortly after noon.

One person inside got out before firefighters arrived, and no injuries were reported.

There was heavy fire and smoke damage throughout the house.

The fire department said the one-story home did not have a working smoke detector.

Advertisement