Notre Dame added a quarterback to its 2014 recruiting class.
DeShone Kizer, a four-star prospect from Toledo (Ohio) Central Catholic, announced on his Twitter account Tuesday that he orally committed to the Irish.
"I am privileged to say that I will be continuing my Fighting Irish tradition by playing football at the University of Notre Dame! #CCHStoND," Kizer wrote.
The 6-foot-4, 215-pounder led the Central Catholic Irish to Ohio's Division II state title.
He completed 109-of-178 passes (61 percent) for 1,611 yards, with 17 touchdowns to just two interceptions, and ran for 402 yards on 65 carries as a junior, according to Rivals.com.
Kizer is ranked the No. 6 dual-threat quarterback by 247Sports and No. 8 by Rivals.com.
He is the 11th member to join Notre Dame's class of 2014.
2014 Notre Dame oral commitments
- Alex Bars, OL, 6-6, 290, Montgomery Bell Academy, Nashville, Tenn.
- Justin Brent, WR, 6-3, 193, Speedway, Indianapolis
- Jimmy Byrne, OL, 6-4, 275, St. Ignatius, Cleveland
- Jay Hayes, DT, 6-5, 270, Poly Prep, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Elijah Hood, RB, 5-11, 221, Charlotte Catholic, Charlotte, N.C.
- DeShone Kizer, QB, 6-4, 205, Central Catholic, Toledo, Ohio
- Greer Martini, LB, 6-3, 230, Woodberry Forest, Woodberry Forest, Va.
- Sam Mustipher, OL, 6-4, 286, Our Lady of Good Counsel, Olney, Md.
- Quenton Nelson, OL, 6-5, 282, Red Bank Catholic, Red Bank, N.J.
- Andrew Trumbetti, DE, 6-5, 249, Demarest, Demarest, N.J.
- Nic Weishar, TE, 6-5, 215, Marist, Midlothian, Ill.