You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

Advertisement

Fire hits Huntington apartment building

A couch caught fire Thursday evening, forcing residents out of a Huntington apartment building for several hours.

The Central Living Apartments building, 601 N. Jefferson St., was evacuated after the fire began in a common area about 5:15 p.m., the Huntington Fire Department said in a statement Friday morning.

The sprinkler system kept the fire in check until firefighters arrived and put it out, the statement said.

It said water damage occurred throughout the first floor; all residents were able to go back in the building by 9 p.m.

No injuries were reported.

Advertisement