FORT WAYNE – A 75-year-old man was sentenced Friday in Allen Superior Court to 45 years in prison after being convicted of multiple counts of child molesting.
In March, a jury convicted Raul Fuentes, of the 300 block of Corwin Lane, of seven counts of child molesting. He was charged last May after a girl told investigators Fuentes would lure her into a room with candy and lock the door. She said he had sex with her and told her not to tell anyone.
The crimes occurred between June and August 2011, when the girl was 9 years old, according to court documents. Another girl told investigators Fuentes fondled her on more than one occasion, beginning when she was 12. She said he gave her jewelry and other items, and then made her pay it off, according to court documents.
On Friday, Judge Fran Gull sentenced Fuentes to a total of 45 years in prison – 40 years each on the more serious counts and five years on the less-serious counts. She ordered some sentences to be served at the same time, and two others consecutively to each other.
Fuentes told the court he had been trying to help one of the girls. He was known to both of their families, according to testimony and court documents.