You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Entertainment

Advertisement
Briefs

‘Hannibal,’ ‘Castle’ episodes pulled over tragedy

NBC says it’s pulling an episode of its serial killer drama “Hannibal” out of sensitivity to recent violence, including the Boston bombings.

NBC said Friday that the episode, which was to air next week, features a character who brainwashes children to kill other children.

The show’s producer, Bryan Fuller, asked NBC to pull the episode, citing the Newtown, Conn., school shooting in December and this week’s Boston Marathon attack, NBC said. The episode, the fourth for the freshman series, will be replaced by another “Hannibal” hour.

A “clip package” with scenes from the unaired episode will be available online this week, with commentary by Fuller, NBC said. Scenes involving the children won’t be included, the network said.

A similar decision was made last week to replace tonight’s new episode of the ABC series “Castle” with an episode that was originally slated to air next week.

The episode being replaced featured a character in danger from an explosive device. That episode is now scheduled to air April 29.

Kris Jenner’s show to launch in July

The studio behind Kris Jenner’s new daytime talk show says it will launch the program in July.

Twentieth Television said Thursday that the show, titled “Kris,” will air for six weeks starting July 15 on selected Fox-owned stations. Those will include stations in New York and Los Angeles, with more to be announced later.

The studio says Robert Lifton has been picked as the executive producer of Jenner’s show.

The limited run for “Kris” is aimed at proving itself for a national niche.

Kris Jenner is the matriarch of the media clan that includes daughters Kourtney, Kim and Khloe Kardashian.

‘Glee’ renewed for two more seasons

The Fox TV series “Glee” will keep on singing for another two years.

The network announced Friday that it has renewed the show about music-loving students through 2014-2015 – its sixth season.

In a statement, Fox Entertainment Chairman Kevin Reilly said “Glee” continues to break new ground as a rare successful TV musical comedy. The show been a music hit as well, with more than 50 million downloads of “Glee” tracks and worldwide album sales of more than 13 million.

“Glee” has expanded from its original focus on the McKinley High School glee club to the college world of Rachel and Kurt, played by cast members Lea Michele and Chris Colfer.

Next Thursday’s episode will feature Sarah Jessica Parker. Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Hudson are among previous “Glee” A-list drop-ins.

Advertisement