Wednesday, April 17, 2013 9:01 pm
10 Things to Know for Thursday
By The Associated Press
1. INVESTIGATORS SEEK A SUSPECT
Department-store surveillance video captured a man dropping off a bag at the site of the Boston Marathon bombings.
2. HOW THE BATTLEFIELD IS HELPING BOMB VICTIMS
The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have led to medical advances that are now being used to treat amputees in Boston.
3. MAN IN MISSISSIPPI ARRESTED IN RICIN CASE
He's accused of mailing letters with suspected poison to Obama and other leaders.
4. GUN CONTROL DIES IN THE SENATE
The Republican-led body rejects tighter background checks and other measures despite pleas from families of Newtown victims.
5. WOMAN IMPLICATES HUSBAND IN TEXAS SLAYINGS
She alleges that the ex-judge fatally shot the local DA and two others he apparently blamed for the loss of his job.
6. WHAT PEOPLE AREN'T BUYING IN EUROPE
Car sales have declined for 18 months in a row amid worries about the economy and soaring unemployment.
7. DEMOCRAT VOICES WARNING ON HEALTH CARE
The head of the Senate Finance Committee says he fears the rollout of Obama's overhaul will be a "train wreck."
8. ASSAD GIVES RARE TV INTERVIEW
He accuses the West of backing al-Qaida in Syria's civil war - but offers no evidence.
9. WHO'S FLEEING PUERTO RICO
Many doctors and nurses in search of better pay are moving to the U.S. mainland.
10. FROM A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY TO A THEATER NEAR YOU
Disney says it plans to release a "Star Wars" film each summer starting in 2015.