Saturday, March 30, 2013 4:36 pm
Awards and honors given to producer Phil Ramone
By The Associated Press
- 2011 Producer, Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album for Tony Bennett's "Duets II"
- 2006 Producer, Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album for Tony Bennett's "Duets: An American Classic"
- 2005 Producer, Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album for Tony Bennett's "The Art of Romance"
- 2004 Producer, Album of the Year for Ray Charles' "Genius Loves Company"
- 2004 Producer, Best Surround Sound Album for Ray Charles' "Genius Loves Company"
- 2004 Technical Grammy, for contributions of outstanding technical significance to the recording field
- 2002 Producer, Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album for Tony Bennett's "Playin' With My Friends: Bennett Sings The Blues"
- 1994 Producer, Best Musical Show Album for "Passion"
- 1983 Composer, Best Instrumental Composition Written for a Motion Picture or for Television for "Flashdance"
- 1980 Producer of the Year, Non-Classical
- 1979 Producer, Album of the Year for Billy Joel's "52nd Street"
- 1978 Producer, Record of the Year for Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are"
- 1975 Producer, Album of the Year for Paul Simon's "Still Crazy After All These Years"
- 1969 Producer, Best Musical Show Album for "Promises, Promises"
-1964 Engineer, Best Engineered Recording (non-classical) for Stan Getz and Joao Gilberto's "Getz/Gilberto"
- 1973, Sound Mixer, Outstanding Achievement In Live Or Tape Sound Mixing for "Duke Ellington ... We Love You Madly"
National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS):
- 2001 National Trustees Award
- 2000 New York Heroes Award
- 1984 Governors Award for Honor Roll for A&R/Producers
- 1965 National Trustee Award, Engineering
- Doctor of Musicology, Berklee College of Music, Boston, and Five Towns College, Dix Hills, N.Y.
- Doctor of Humane Letters, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY