You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • 2 injured in Kosciusko crash
    Two men were injured, one critically, Tuesday in Kosciusko County when the car they were in hit a wooden fence and a tree, police said.Michael S.
  • 4 escape St. Mary's Avenue house fire
    Two adults and two children escaped a first-floor house fire at a St. Mary's Avenue home tonight, Fort Wayne firefighters said.
  • Police find sex offender with public's help
    The Steuben County Sheriff's Office put out a notice Monday seeking information about a rural Fremont man it believes had failed to register as a sex offender.

Sex offender charged with child molesting


A 29-year-old convicted sex offender now faces multiple charges of child molesting after a 10-year-old girl told her mother he fondled her several times.

Daniel L. Taylor of Fort Wayne was charged Thursday with being a repeat sex offender and four counts of felony child molesting.

The charges allege molestations that took place between April 2009 and March 2010. The girl told detectives Taylor had inappropriately touched her several times and forced her to have sex.

In October 2004, Taylor was arrested on charges of rape and sexual misconduct with a 15-year-old girl. In January 2006, a jury convicted Taylor of sexual misconduct with a minor, but acquitted him of rape.

Taylor was sentenced to probation and required to register as a sex offender, according to court documents.

Several months later, Taylor was accused of violating his probation by having contact with a child younger than 16 and failing to complete other requirements, court documents said.

Taylor has repeatedly failed to register as a sex offender. The most recent felony charge for failure to register was in February, according to court documents.

Taylor was being held on $85,000 bail.