Indiana Democrats for Education Reform state director Larry Grau issued the following statement in response to today’s Indiana Supreme Court decision upholding the state’s school voucher law:
“This decision effectively ends the legal debate about vouchers in Indiana. Now it’s time to continue the conversation about creating high-quality schools and educational opportunities for all Hoosier students.
“That means working with parents and communities across Indiana to develop sustainable school environments where educators are empowered to promote student success.
“It’s time to move beyond bickering and focus on creating a framework so that our kids not only won’t fail, but they can’t fail because we’ve built a responsive system from the classroom up.”
- Justices back school vouchers 5-0
- Court upholds Indiana school vouchers
- Pence: Parents should be able to choose
- ISTA president: Vouchers are not good policy or good reform
- Indiana Chamber leader: Voucher program puts us on course
- Indiana attorney general: The question is decided
- Verbatim: Indiana Supreme Court ruling on school vouchers
- Indiana state superintendent: Public dollars should go to public schools