FORT WAYNE – Kevin C. Rhoades, bishop of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend, will celebrate a special Mass as prescribed for use upon the election of a new pope, the diocese announced Thursday.
The Mass for Pope Francis is at 5 p.m. Monday at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, 1102 S. Clinton St., the diocese said in a statement.
It will serve as a means to offer thanksgiving, the statement said.
- Homily at the Mass for Pope Francis
- Rhoades praises pope’s humility
- ‘Completely new beginning’
- White smoke rises: New pope elected
- Francis is the 1st Jesuit pope
- World leaders, Catholics welcome new church leader
- Most US Catholics favor church reform
- Obama: He carries forth the message of love and compassion