You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.


  • Shooting leaves young girl in serious condition
    A young girl was seriously injured when a bullet came through the wall of the apartment and struck her, Fort Wayne police said.
  • Road restrictions for Nov. 23
    WOODS ROAD Closed between Railroad Street and Towne Park Run Nov. 24.
  • Coming Monday
    Winter doesn't officially begin until Dec. 21, but Mother Nature seems to have little regard for anything “official.”

Injuries after chase

A suspected drunken driver who was fleeing a DeKalb County deputy early Sunday crashed and was airlifted to a local hospital after suffering multiple injuries.

Jeremy Adang, 35, of Fort Wayne, was driving north on Interstate 69 near exit 340 at 12:35 a.m. when he ignored the attempts of a DeKalb County deputy to pull him over, according to a statement from the DeKalb County Sheriff’s Department. Adang, driving a 2001 Hyundai, had been identified as a possible intoxicated driver.

After failing to yield to the deputy’s emergency lights, Adang left the interstate, driving east and turning south onto County Road 31, and increasing his speed on the gravel road, according to the statement.

As he approached the intersection at County Road 4, Adang lost control and crashed into two parked vehicles in the driveway of a nearby residence.

Adang was ejected from the vehicle. He suffered a fracture to his neck and back, head lacerations and multiple abrasions, according to the statement. He was flown by Samaritan helicopter to Parkview Regional Medical Center.

Both Adang’s vehicle and a 1999 Grand Marquis in the driveway were totaled. A 2003 Ford Ranger pickup, also parked in the driveway, sustained damages of $5,000 to $10,000, according to the report. Charges are pending.

DeKalb County Police were assisted by Ashley and Hudson Police, Indiana State Police, DeKalb EMS and the Ashley Fire Rescue.