Sunday, March 10, 2013 9:04 pm
10 Things to Know for Monday
By The Associated Press
1. WHO'S SPINNING CONSPIRACY THEORIES IN KABUL
Karzai accuses U.S., Taliban of working in concert to prove international troops should remain in Afghanistan.
2. REPUBLICANS WELCOMING OBAMA'S COURTSHIP
These lawmakers suggest the fresh engagement between White House, Congress might help solve the budget battle.
3. U.S. NUCLEAR REGULATOR, WATCHDOG AT ODDS
Union of Concerned Scientists says 1 in 6 reactors nationwide had safety breaches last year.
4. HOW JEB BUSH SMACKS AWAY TALK OF 2016
The former Florida governor tells NBC's David Gregory reporters are "crack addicts" for focusing on the next presidential race.
5. WHERE BLASPHEMY ACCUSATIONS ARE BEING LEVELED
In Pakistan, hundreds of Christians clash with police amid violence over alleged insults against Islam's Prophet Muhammad.
6. IN OHIO, `ALL I KNOW IS MY BABY IS GONE'
One grieving father speaks after his son and five other teens are killed in a single-vehicle crash.
7. DIRTY DRINKING WATER REMAINS A MYSTERY IN PA.
Residents of the Woodlands wonder why what comes out of their taps is orange and smelly.
8. HOW STRESS HURTS YOUR HEART
"Fight or flight" hormones affect blood pressure and blood sugar in ways that make trouble more likely.
9. THE DEATH OF A PRINCESS WHO ALMOST WASN'T
The late Lilian dated Sweden's Prince Bertil for 33 years before they were allowed to marry, when she was 61 and he 64.
10. TIGER MARCHES TOWARD THE MASTERS
Woods locks up his 17th World Golf Championships title at Doral.