You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

Advertisement

Hot grease cited in kitchen blaze

A kitchen fire damaged a house Sunday night on Fort Wayne’s south side, according to the Fort Wayne fire department.

About 9:50 p.m., firefighters were sent to 606 W. Packard Ave., west of Fairfield Avenue.

They extinguished a blaze in the kitchen that caused moderate fire and water damage and heavy smoke damage, the department said.

An adult and two children had escaped the two-story house before fire crews arrived. No one was injured, the department said.

A resident told firefighters that a hot pan of grease started the fire, the department said.

aingersoll@jg.net

Advertisement