Statement as re-issued Thursday by the Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce:
The Greater Fort Wayne Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce 12 nominees for the Ninth Annual Northeast Indiana Athena Award Program.
The Chamber once again will award two deserving community leaders this year. The highly coveted ATHENA Leadership Award celebrates exceptional individuals who have achieved excellence in their profession, served the community in a meaningful way and assisted women in their attainment of professional goals and leadership skills. The ATHENA Young Professional Leadership Award celebrates those same qualities in community leaders forty years of age or younger.
The 2013 ATHENA Leadership nominees are:
- Mary Bell, Regional President, Wells Fargo Bank
- Nancy Nightingale Gillespie, Ph.D, School of Health Sciences Dean, University of Saint Francis
- Randi Lincoln, Senior Sales Director, Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Katherine MacAulay, CEO, American Red Cross
- Jerrilee K. Mosier, Ed.D., Chancellor, Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast
- Holli Seabury, CEO, McMillen Center for Health Education
- Janet Stephenson, Community Volunteer
- Jo Young Switzer, Ph.D., President, Manchester University
- Debra Williams, Senior V.P. / Chief Human Resources Officer, Parkview Health
- Angie Garcia, Attorney, Carson Boxberger LLP
- Kylee Shirey, Associate Attorney, Barrett & McNagny LLP
- Pone Vongphachanh, Government Affairs Director, Upstate Alliance of REALTORS
The Athena Award includes presentations to nearly 6,000 individuals across the world. The Fort Wayne recipients will be invited to the International Athena Leadership Conference.
The Chamber's ceremony includes a presentation of $1,000 scholarships to female high school students for use in continuing education, sponsored by Dr. Michelle Helfgott and Parkview Physicians Group Integrative Medicine. Donations for the ATHENA Scholarship are being accepted at the time of ticket purchase by clicking the registration button at fwchamber.org/athena. The deadline for scholarship applications is 5 p.m. Thursday, February 28.
The cost for individual tickets is $35 and Table Sponsorships are $500. Table Sponsors receive one table for eight individuals to attend the event and will have their logo/company name recognized at the table. Payment for this event is nonrefundable.
RSVPs are required. Please respond by Monday, April 8, 2013.
Visit fwchamber.org/athena to register and find nomination forms.
For additional sponsorship opportunities, contact Liz Struckholz at (260) 424-1435 or email@example.com.