You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Worth a click

  • Creeping landslide devouring part of Wyoming town
    JACKSON, Wyo. – What’s happening in this Wyoming resort town might be better described as a land creep than a landslide, but the lack of speed has not hindered the sheer power of the moving earth.
  • Raccoons spark power outage, meet their end
     RICHMOND, Ind. – Hundreds of homes in eastern Indiana lost power in the middle of the night after officials say two raccoons slipped into a power substation and short-circuited electrical breakers.
  • Together 70 years, man and wife die 15 hours apart
    NASHPORT, Ohio – A couple who held hands at breakfast every morning – even after 70 years of marriage – died 15 hours apart. Helen Felumlee, of Nashport, died at 92 on April 12.
Advertisement

Lottery winners accidently blow up house

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Authorities say two brothers accidentally blew up their house after celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth.

Wichita police Sgt. Bruce Watts says one of the brothers was taken to a hospital and the other to jail after Friday's explosion. The Wichita Eagle reports that the injured 27-year-old brother is in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.

Watts says the explosion happened after one of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. The brother emptied a couple large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air.

Eventually, butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, causing the blast.

Advertisement