The Allen County Board of Commissioners today issued the following statement upon the passing of Bishop Emeritus John D'Arcy:
"Bishop D'Arcy was a man of tremendous faith with a true servant's heart. He led the Catholic Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend for 24 years, touching many lives.
Bishop D'Arcy once said, 'a bishop must teach the Catholic faith in season and out of season, and he teaches not only by his words, but by his actions.' His life exemplified those words and, with his passing, our community has lost a tremendous leader.
In this difficult time, our thoughts and prayers are with his family and with the many individuals who knew him as a friend and mentor. Bishop D'Arcy will be truly missed."
- Temple: D’Arcy’s death is a keen loss for us all
- Bishop John D’Arcy 1932 -2013 | ‘Faced death with deep faith’
- He was 'Bishop of the whole city'
- Schedule of Funeral Liturgies for Bishop D'Arcy
- Pence: His courageous leadership will be greatly missed
- USF mourns Bishop D’Arcy
- Bishop John M. D’Arcy dies on the anniversary of his first Mass
- Bishop Rhoades: We mourn the death of a good shepherd