Sunday, January 27, 2013 10:20 am
Aging America: Elder abuse can take many forms
By The Associated Press
- Inappropriate use of drugs and physical restraints.
- Treating the elderly person like a small child.
- Failure to provide sufficient food, clothing, shelter, personal hygiene, medication, comfort or safety.
- Isolating the person from friends, family, other social activities.
- Deserting the person.
- Misusing the person's funds, property and assets.
Source: New York City mayor's office on domestic violence