You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

Advertisement

Apartment fire starts in kitchen

A kitchen fire left heavy smoke damage to a northeast-side apartment complex early Sunday, Fort Wayne Fire Department reported.

Firefighters were called to Canterbury Green Apartments, 5210 Stonehenge Blvd., about 2:20 a.m.

They found heavy smoke coming from a first floor apartment. They had the kitchen fire under control at 2:50 a.m.

Residents were evacuated from 11 adjoining apartments. Some were evacuated by ladder from a second floor balcony.

No one was injured fighting the fire.

Firefighters said smoke damage was heavy. Fire and water damage were light.

Advertisement