1. SENATE APPROVES `FISCAL CLIFF' DEAL
Next up is the House, which meets at noon to vote on an agreement that kept taxes steady for the middle class, among other things.
2. WHAT IT MEANS FOR TAXPAYERS
Tax cuts are extended on incomes of up to $400,000, estate and capital gains taxes increase and payroll taxes go up 2 percentage points.
3. 5, 4, 3, 2 ...
From Times Square to Myanmar, the world rang in 2013 with hope for change after a year of hard economic times and natural disasters.
4. DOCTORS GIVE DETAILS ON CLINTON'S BLOOD CLOT
It's located in a vein between the brain and the skull behind the secretary of state's right ear.
5. WHY NO ONE KNOWS NEWTOWN SHOOTER'S FINAL RESTING PLACE
Families of other mass killers have had to weigh their need to mourn against the risk that a public gravesite could be desecrated.
6. WHAT NEW DRUG COULD FIGHT TB
Sirturo, used for hard-to-treat strains, is the first new medicine approved to fight the deadly infection in more than four decades.
7. SUPPORTERS PRAYING FOR CHAVEZ
Three weeks after cancer surgery, the Venezuelan leader's condition appears increasingly dire.
8. WHY OSCAR VOTERS HAVE ONE MORE DAY
Criticism of its new online system prompted the motion picture academy to extend the deadline until Friday.
9. THIS CLUB IS BYOP
Two Colorado clubs were believed to be the first legal recreational marijuana dens in the nation.
10. 12 SACKED IN NFL POSTSEASON
Seven football coaches and five general managers lost their jobs after the regular season ended.