1. Melinda A. Jones, 34, was shot multiple times Jan. 1 at a home at 15220 Hunters Lane in Huntertown. Her killer, George S. West, later shot himself in the head, while parked along a road in DeKalb County, authorities said.
2. Michael J. Jones, 21, was found shot to death Jan. 2 in his home at 645 Anderson Ave. on Fort Waynes near north side. Police said they have a person of interest in the shooting, which they believe was gang-related.
3. Kyree D. Ellis, 21, was the victim of a shooting prompted by a dispute over a cellphone. Ellis was riding in a car Feb. 3 near East Paulding Road and Lafayette Street when A.C. James Jr. fired a shot from a pickup truck and hit him, authorities said. James, 38, is set to stand trial starting Feb. 12 on charges of aggravated battery and criminal recklessness.
4. James A. Heinze, 52, was shot in the chest during a fight March 3 outside the State Bar & Grill, 1210 E. State Blvd. Prosecutors ruled that the shooter, Michael J. Collier, acted in self-defense.
5. Marcus Hayden, 26, fired shots at federal agents in an apartment in the Eden Green complex, off East Creighton Avenue, and struck one of them in the lower leg as they tried to arrest him on a probation violation. Hayden fled from the apartment, and Fort Wayne police officer Derrick Demorest shot him outside when he did not heed commands to stop and drop the gun. Wounded the night of April 9, Hayden died early April 10 at a hospital. Prosecutors found that Demorests use of deadly force was justified.
6. Patrick M. Lee, 18, was shot April 12 while attempting a robbery at an apartment in the Black Bear Creek complex, near Reed Road and Lake Avenue. Lee was reportedly carrying a gun, and a man who lived in the apartment, David A. Kain Jr., fatally shot him, police said. Prosecutors ruled that Kain acted in self-defense.
7. Susan J. Lombardi, 42, was beaten in the head with a wooden baseball bat by her boyfriend, Anthony R. Ochs, on April 13 at a home in the 6300 block of High Point Run, near Coldwater Road and Interstate 69. The attack stemmed from an argument, but Ochs had drunk several beers and could not remember what made him so angry, authorities said. Lombardi died April 21 after her family removed her from life support. Ochs, 39, has been charged with murder, and his trial is set to start March 5.
8. Brian E. Burtz was shot in the neck late one night in February 1983 when he was 15 years old. The shooter, Clifford C. Justice, who was working at the old Trailways bus station at Broadway and West Jefferson Boulevard, chased Burtz and another person after hearing glass break. Justice, then 59, claimed his rifle accidentally fired. Justice pleaded guilty to a charge of criminal recklessness and was sentenced to probation and fined $500. Burtz died April 20 at the age of 44 from sepsis, a complication of his quadriplegia caused by the gunshot, and the Allen County Coroners Office ruled that his death was a homicide.
9. Brandon V. Pearson, 33, was fatally shot May 3 in front of his house at 1326 W. Wildwood Ave. Police believe the shooting was drug-related, and investigators have a couple of persons of interest in the case.
10. Glen R. Lantz, 77, was shot May 9 in his north-side home at 525 Charlotte Ave. It was his son, 53-year-old William D. Lantz, who killed him before shooting himself in the head and later dying at a hospital, according to authorities.
11. David Wilson Jr., 50, was shot dead in a hail of bullets May 12 as he sat in the drivers seat of a car in the 4600 block of Spatz Avenue, near Lafayette Street. A 30-year-old woman in the back seat was also shot, and paramedics took her to a hospital in fair condition. A 53-year-old man in the front passenger seat was not hurt. Neighbors told police they heard as many as 50 gunshots. Police said Wilson was not the intended target of the gang-related shooting. Investigators have persons of interest, police said.
12. Dwayne E. Russell, 20, was found shot dead May 17 in the side yard of a house at 3717 Bowser Ave., north of East Rudisill Boulevard. He had been visiting acquaintances in the neighborhood and was waiting for a ride outside when he was shot. Police said they have persons of interest in what they described as a retaliation shooting.
13. Brandon K. Abernathy, 23, was chased by a man into a house at 1502 Gardendale Ave. and fatally shot May 17. Police said they have persons of interest in what they described as a retaliation shooting.
14. Lucius D. Washington, 33, was shot by Indiana State Police Trooper Seth W. Mann during a scuffle May 18 west of downtown, near Main and Cherry streets. The shooting remains under investigation.
15. Emily D. Housholder, 38, was found dead May 29 in an idling car parked in the 1800 block of Sinclair Street with a gunshot wound to her head. Police said this shooting was the result of a drug deal gone awry. Investigators have a person of interest.
16. Gregory D. Mitchell, 58, was found shot dead June 2 in his house at 1911 S. Clinton St. Police said they have persons of interest in the case.
17. Dawain D. Porter, was shot Dec. 1, 2006, in the parking lot near the east entrance of Glenbrook Square. Police initially said the shooting resulted from a feud between Porter and Joshua W. Walker, both 19 at the time. Walker was not formally charged due to insufficient evidence, prosecutors said. The shooting left Porter paralyzed, and at the age of 24, he died June 2 from sepsis due to complications with his paraplegia. The Allen County Coroners Office determined his death was a homicide.
18. Christopher M. Mhoon, 27, was shot multiple times June 8 during a fight in the Cap n Cork liquor store at 5727 S. Anthony Blvd., near East Paulding Road. The alleged shooter, Michael S. Lewis, 22, has been charged with murder. His trial is slated to begin Jan. 23.
19. Jerry W. Barker, 43, was found shot June 23 in a parked, idling car in the 900 block of Herman Street, near Sherman Boulevard. Police said a neighbor heard a gunshot, looked outside and saw a man running east, away from the car. Police believe this shooting was drug related. No arrests have been made.
20. Keith J. Gavura, 31, hit his head on the ground July 1 during a fight at a gathering at a home in the 800 block of Home Avenue. He then made his way to an apartment in the 5500 block of River Run Trail, went to sleep and never woke up. The Allen County Coroners Office ruled that he died from blunt-force injury to the head. No charges have been filed.
21. Robert Jackson Jr., 43, was shot July 24. Police were dispatched to the Diplomat Apartments, near McMillen Park Golf Course, and they found Jacksons body in grass along the 3900 block of Wayne Trace. Police do not have suspects or know of a motive in this case.
22. Cortez A. Harris, 21, was shot in the head Aug. 11 outside his apartment in a parking lot of Coventry Court Townhomes, near West Paulding Road and Fairfield Avenue. No arrests have been made in the case. Earlier in the year, Harris was shot in his right wrist and twice in his right hip on May 23 at the Eden Green apartment complex. Police believe the shooting was gang-related.
23. Gregory A. Funich, 42, was found beaten to death Aug. 11 in his home at 5315 Lonesome Oak Court, north of Fort Wayne. His skull had been shattered, and he had severe cuts to his face and head. An acquaintance, Michael R. Alexander, is charged with murdering and robbing Funich. Alexander, 33, of Auburn, is scheduled to stand trial starting Jan. 29.
24. DeOnta T. Bonner, 18, was found dead Oct. 2 in the backyard of vacant house at 2935 Weisser Park Ave., south of East Pontiac Street. He had been stabbed in the chest and likely died at the scene, according to the Allen County Coroners Office. Investigators have a person of interest in the case but have not confirmed a motive, police said.
25. Reynaldo Morales, 41, got into a fight involving several people Nov. 4 inside Billys Dug Out, a bar at 3401 Fairfield Ave., near Kinsmoor Avenue. The altercation moved outside, and Morales was stabbed. Police said a man suspected in the stabbing fled the scene. Officers found Morales lying on the sidewalk by the bar, and he was taken to a hospital where he died. Investigators have persons of interest in this case but have not confirmed a motive, police said.
26. Kenton A. Beckman, 44, was shot Nov. 28 in the E&M Barbershop in Pontiac Mall at 1108 E. Pontiac St. Surveillance cameras captured images of the killer. The case remains under investigation.
27. Paul W. Ward III, 22, was shot and killed Dec. 7 in a car parked in the 700 block of Milton Street.
28. Jeremy J. Walker, 22, was shot along with Ward, his cousin. Walker survived long enough to be taken to a hospital, but died two days later. The double shooting is still under investigation, police said. Investigators have persons of interest but have not confirmed a motive, police said.
29. Ramareo D. Booher, 19, was found lying in an alley Dec. 19 in the 3100 block of Reed Street, between Eckart Street and Drexel Avenue. He died at the scene from at least one gunshot wound. The investigation remains open, police said.