You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • Sexual offender nabbed in Steuben
    Just one day after the Steuben County Sheriff’s Department put the word out it was looking for a registered sex offender, the department made an arrest in the case.Police were looking for Corey A.
  • Vacant house sees heavy fire damage
    Fire heavily damaged a vacant house early Tuesday.Shortly before 1 a.m., the Fort Wayne Fire Department was called to 1920 Hoagland Ave., south of downtown.
  • 4 escape burning home on St. Marys
    Four people escaped injury Tuesday when a fire ravaged their house just north of downtown.Firefighters arrived about 6 p.m. at 1037 St. Marys Ave.

2 adults, juvenile held after car thefts at lake


Two adults and a juvenile have been detained following about 15 to 20 overnight car break-ins on Webster Lake, the Kosciusko County Sheriff's Department said today.

Michael Alan Rockey, 18, of Cromwell, and Ryan D. Silliman, 19, of North Webster, have been preliminarily charged with felony theft, and are being held on $2,000 bond each, the sheriff's department said in a statement.

A 14-year-old juvenile was taken to Pierceton Woods Juvenile Center, and his information has been forwarded to the county probation department, the statement said.

It said an off-duty North Webster officer noticed three people breaking into a vehicle about 3:30 a.m. today. They fled, but the officer was able to apprehend one, the statement said.

Deputies subsequently located two others on County Road 900 East and took them to the sheriff's department, it said.

Detectives said about 15 to 20 vehicles had been entered on the south side of the lake near North Webster. About 10 of the vehicles had items taken, such as cellphones, GPS devices and power tools, the statement said.

The county prosecutor's office and North Webster police assisted with the investigation, which continues.