You choose, we deliver
If you are interested in this story, you might be interested in others from The Journal Gazette. Go to www.journalgazette.net/newsletter and pick the subjects you care most about. We'll deliver your customized daily news report at 3 a.m. Fort Wayne time, right to your email.

Police and fire

  • No answers after shots ring in city
    The vehicles raced down a city street, gunfire ringing out between them.
  • Blaze heavily damages home
    A Fort Wayne family won’t be able to spend Thanksgiving at home after a fire gutted their house Wednesday. Smoke and flames were already visible from the two-story home at 3920 S. Anthony Blvd.
  • Fire burns two apartments
    A fire in two apartments Wednesday afternoon forced the residents to find somewhere else to stay this Thanksgiving.The Fort Wayne Fire Department was called about 4:10 p.m.
Advertisement

Apartment fire ruled accidental

Sunday's fire at Baldwin Creek Apartments was accidentally caused by a malfunctioning light fixture, the Fort Wayne Fire Department said today.

One resident at 1920 Hobson Road, Building F, was taken to a hospital following the 8 a.m. fire. About 40 residents were evacuated from the two-story building, which has 24 apartments. Some had to be rescued from their balconies.

Advertisement