This week, I chat with Karen Kendrick-Hands about the Knitting Heritage Museum Symposium (which you should totally go to) and share a pattern for a very simple baby hat.
Not Too Lacy Baby Hat
I knit this before I knew I would have a niece. I wanted to make it easy and cute, but not too frilly. So, the hat uses a very small, very simple border, then stitches are picked up for the actual hat. I may make another version later, with more frill, now that I know we have a baby girl in the family!
Karen and I chatted about the Symposium (sign up now, registration closes this week), the Wisconsin Book Festival and a Vinegar museum. I promise the Vinegar museum is only for about 5 seconds. But, really, if you ever go to South Dakota, you must go to that, too.
- Madison Wisconsin is a very cool place.
- Susan Strawn appeared in Math4Knitters, Crafty Living: Show 143
- She's the author of Knitting America
- Mary Walker Phillips (Creative Knitting: A New Art Form and Knitting Counterpanes are about to be reprinted by Schoolhouse Press. They are both very, very awesome books.)
- Elizabeth Zimmermann founded Schoolhouse Press.
- There are textile collections in Madison: